With the support of the community, we preserve families when possible and create new families when necessary.
Ennis Center for Children is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3), nationally-accredited child placing agency, licensed with the state of Michigan. Ennis Center for Children has been working with abused and/or neglected children and their families for over 40 years. Ennis Center for Children services counties throughout Michigan with locations in Genesee, Oakland, St. Clair, Wayne, Monroe, Livingston and Saginaw counties. Ennis Center for Children also provides families a continuum of care that includes Behavioral and Mental Health services.
- Foster Care
- Treatment Foster Care
- Behavioral Health Services throughout Michigan, all insurances accepted
- Community Based Program (Juvenile Delinquency)
- Sex offender treatment services
- Fostering Creativity
- Recruitment Retention and Training/Foster Parent Navigation Region 2
AACFA agency partners are an COA accredited group of not for profit, community based agencies, utilizing evidenced based practices to serve children and families throughout Michigan. AACFA engages in advocacy efforts within our communities, throughout the state of Michigan, and more importantly with our legislators to most effectively impact the families we serve.
- President Bob Ennis received the Richard Allen Trailblazer Award from the historic Ebenezer AME Church in Detroit 2020.
- Bob Ennis was featured in Crain’s Detroit Business Magazine, Caring for Kids with Larry Burns, President and CEO, The Children’s Foundation in 2020.
- Bob Ennis was honored as a recipient of 2018 University of Michigan-Ann Arbor School of Social Work Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Genesee District Library recognized Ennis Center for Children as the Partner in Progress Award in 2016.
- Priority Children recognized Bob with the Harriet Kenworthy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013.